The other morning was quite eventful! I was just getting ready to leave the house to go to a game. In Florida everyone has screened in porches and patios to help keep the bugs out of the house...or so that's what I thought. So I was leaving the house and I went outside to turn on the car, get the AC on high and then I was going to run back inside and get Jace who was already secured in his car seat. As I'm rushing back into the house I hear something rustle and then see this huge reddish brown lizard dart into the house!! This thing was at least 8 inches long and moved like a snake! Are you kidding me!? He slithered his way along the wall at the front of the house. I sat there frozen thinking what do I do? There's no way I'm touching that thing, I can't leave it in the house, the car's running outside and Jace is staring at me from his car seat! So I did what any normal person would do...I positioned myself so that the lizard was in between myself and the now wide open front door. Then I started to clap my hands and stomp my feet! Ha ha! I couldn't think if anything else to do! But it worked, the ugly thing darted back out the door into the screened in porch!! Phew! I grabbed Jace, shut the front, shimmied my way past the lizard and locked him in the screened in porch. My heart was beating a mile a minute!! After I had Jace in the cold car, I questioned going back to scare him out of the porch but decided that I wanted to leave him so that Chris could see him when he got home. But when we got back he was no where to be found!! I have no idea where the thing went but thank God he's not in the house anymore. I obviously was not going to stop and take a picture of him during the whole ordeal, so I found a picture online! Ugly!!

No comments:
Post a Comment